Posts Tagged ‘list’
But both services are not ready for the Enterprise.
|Internal Deployment (Critical for IT)||No||Yes|
|Following users and tags||Yes||No|
|Auto completion while typing||Yes||No|
|Threaded view of messages||Yes||No|
|Changing messages with version management||No||No|
|Granular Privacy Control||No||No|
|UI / Usability||Better||So So|
Let me summarize!
The first feature of Yammer is “The Solution to Email Overload”. We need a solution to Email
Anyway, what is really needed for the Enterprise
- Messages (that can be changed with version management)
- Threaded view – context is very important
- Groups or Granular Privacy Control at message/thread level
- Follow tags/users
- Like (FriendFeed)
- Hide – Ability to keep my inbox clear and clean – Hide a message a) until a reply is posted to the thread or b) permanently because I have read it and not interested (cannot contribute or interested)
- Views: Messages that bubble up in my inbox due to the recent activity (replies to the thread) or because of their “relative” (priority is relative) importance in my eco system !
some heroes : ..I’m not claiming this is a list of the n most admirable people. Who could make such a list, even if they wanted to?..
Clarification needed !
Update on 2008 july 13 – sun – “When I thought about what it meant to call someone a hero, it meant I’d decide what to do by asking what they’d do in the same situation. That’s a stricter standard than admiration.” – Created a link category “Heroes”